01727 852 299

Protect you, your family and home

We help you put the right level of protection in place for yours and your loved ones future.

KDW Financial Planning

One million workers a year find themselves unable to work due to a serious illness or injury*

KDW Financial Planning

One in ten NHS patients wait longer than eighteen weeks for treatment in hospital**

KDW Financial Planning

Protect your loved one's future


Many of us prefer not to think about the potential financial implications if the worst were to happen.

However, it is essential to consider what would happen you were to develop a critical illness and be unable to work: How would your mortgage payments be met? Would your family’s standard of living be affected?

There are various levels of protection available which will cover different circumstances; from Critical Illness Cover, which will pay you a lump sum should you develop an illness that prevents you from being able to work, to Mortgage Protection, which covers the cost of your mortgage payments should you be unable to work due to an accident or sickness.

We can assist with putting health insurance in place so that in the event you were to fall ill you can receive the best possible treatment, as quickly as possible.

Assurance policies that we advise on include:

  • Term Assurance
  • Family Income Benefit
  • Mortgage Protection
  • Endowments
  • Investment Bonds
  • Critical Illness Cover
  • Long Term Care
  • Income Protection Insurance
  • Private Medical Insurance
  • Permanent Health Insurance

What is Term Assurance?

Term assurance is the most common type of life insurance within the UK and is typically used for family and/or mortgage protection.

A Term Assurance policy will pay out if the policy holder dies within a set period of time, as specified in the policy.

When taking out the policy a set term (for example 10-25 years) and an amount of cover is selected and these will stay the same until either a claim is made or the policy ends.

The level of cover required will vary from person to person. It will be dependent on the debts that need repaying and if you wish to leave a lump sum for your dependents living costs; this is something a financial adviser will be able to go through with you.

Why do I need Critical Illness Cover?

While we hope that you never experience a critical illness the sad reality is that 1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women will suffer a serious illness at some stage in their life.

A critical illness policy will pay out a tax-free lump sum in the event you are diagnosed with a serious illness or are unable to work following an accident.

The lump sum is then yours to do with as you like, typically it would be used to pay off a mortgage, cover the cost of any refurbishments or adaptations that your house may require or even the cost of private medical treatment.

You should consider critical illness cover if you do not have enough savings to tide you over if you were to become seriously ill or disabled or if you do not have an employee benefits package that covers you for extended sick leave.

Should I consider Family Income Benefit?

A family income benefit policy will pay a tax-free monthly income to the policy holders family, if the policy holder were to die.

The income would be paid until the end of the agreed policy term.

Many families prefer this to receiving a lump sum as it can be hard to decide how the money should be spent once any immediate debts are repaid.

If you are the main breadwinner in your family then this policy is particularly relevant.

Make an enquiry

For more information on our financial planning services, please use the short form below and one of our representatives will be in touch ASAP.

We will always treat your personal details and information with the utmost respect and will never sell them to 3rd parties or other companies.

I consent to the use of my contact details in connection with this enquiry

I consent to future communications about any relevant services or products

Scroll To Top